||21 x 21 mm
Under sill profile with fiberglass reinforcement mesh and foam tape to ensure expansion jointing of the sill profile to the heat-insulating material in the contact insulation system – ETICS.
- Alkali-proof PVC, fiberglass reinforcement mesh Vertex R 117 ETAG 004, double self-adhesive expansion PE tape with closed pores
- Provides inseparable expansion jointing of the sill profile with the insulating material;
- Prevents penetration of cold and noise;
- Protects the system against weather effects;
- Protects hairline cracking in the point of joint;
- No additional sealing of joints is required.
- Place the sill profile to the bottom edge of jamb of the building opening and, according to the height of the self-adhesive expansion tape and the width of the profile, cut a groove in the insulating material and fill it with an adhesive;
- Apply adhesive also under the bottom edge of the jamb on the vertical surface of the insulating material;
- Press the sill profile in the prepared bed and align with a spirit-level;
- Then press the profile reinforcement mesh in the adhesive;
- Wipe off the adhesive that has been pressed out over the mesh and level with a metal float;
- Coat the entire profile mesh gradually into the building adhesive;
- For window and door openings it is necessary to perform diagonal reinforcement in the corners using fiberglass mesh in the min. size of 20 x 30 cm;
- After the adhesive is partly cured, remove the protective foil from the expansion adhesive tape on the sill profile and insert the sill in the building opening;
- First push it to the window frame and then press it to stick it to the sill profile;
- Finally fix the sill to the window frame with screws.